- IBM Brings New Capabilities to its Sustainability Software to Help Organisations Accurately and Efficiently Operationalise Scope 3 Greenhouse Gas Emissions InsightsNew text classification capabilities can help to automatically categorise thousands of lines of spend data using natural language processing (NLP)
LONDON, UK, SEPTEMBER 20, 2023: IBM (NYSE:IBM) today announced it can help organisations accelerate the capture, calculation and analysis of Scope 3 greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions through the...Sep 20, 2023
- IBM’s continued involvement in the U.N. effort builds on a long legacy of research and action on global challenges in collaboration with governments and civil society. IBM will demonstrate the power of AI and technology in driving progress on sustainability goals and improving business efficiency.
LONDON, UK, September 13, 2023 – IBM (NYSE: IBM) today announced its role as an Associate Pathway Partner of the 2023 United Nations Climate Change Conference (COP28). The conference, which will...Sep 13, 2023
- IBM is expanding its collaboration with Microsoft to help joint clients accelerate the deployment of generative AI - and deliver a new offering that will provide clients with the expertise and technology they need to innovate their business processes and scale generative AI effectively.
LONDON, UK, August 17, 2023 - Today, IBM (NYSE: IBM) is expanding its collaboration with Microsoft to help joint clients accelerate the deployment of generative AI - and deliver a new offering...Aug 17, 2023
- While employees rank impactful work as a top attribute they care about, executives say it’s the least important factor to their teams.
LONDON, UK, August 14, 2023 - Executives in the UK estimate that 41% of their workforce will need to reskill as a result of implementing AI and automation over the next three years, according to a...Aug 14, 2023
- UK organisations that extensively use security AI and automation reduced data breach costs by £1.6m on average; Globally, ransomware victims that chose not to involve law enforcement faced $470,000 in extra costs
LONDON, UK. 24 July 2023 – IBM Security today released its annual Cost of a Data Breach Report,1 which revealed that UK organisations pay an average of £3.4m for data breach incidents. The...Jul 24, 2023
- Crown Commercial Service and IBM Sign 3-Year Memorandum of Understanding to Boost Public Sector ServicesThe Crown Commercial Service has announced a new 3-year Memorandum of Understanding with IBM, aimed at enhancing accessibility and cost-efficiency for public sector organisations using IBM's hardware, software, and cloud services.
The Crown Commercial Service (CCS) has announced a new 3-year Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with IBM, aimed at enhancing accessibility and cost- efficiency for public sector organisations...Jul 20, 2023
- Digital Realty Selects IBM Sustainability Software to Transform Data into Insights Across its Global Data Centers and OfficesIBM today announced that Digital Realty is using the IBM Envizi ESG Suite to collect, analyse and report on its environmental, social and governance performance across its portfolio of 300+ data centers in across 50+ metros across 27 countries on six continents.
LONDON, UK; July 18, 2023London, UK; July 18, 2023 - IBM (NYSE:IBM) today announced that Digital Realty (NYSE:DLR) is using the IBM Envizi ESG Suite to collect, analyse and report on its...Jul 18, 2023
- Half (50%) of CEOs report they are already integrating generative AI into digital products and services
LONDON, UK, June 27, 2023 – A new study by the IBM (NYSE: IBM) Institute for Business Value, “ CEO decision-making in the age of AI, Act with intention” found that half of the CEOs in the...Jun 27, 2023
- IBM AI Draw Analysis creates a new statistic for tennis, offering deeper insight into a player’s potential path to the final
LONDON, U.K. and ARMONK N.Y., June 21, 2023 – IBM (NYSE: IBM) and The All England Lawn Tennis Club today announced new features for the Wimbledon digital fan experience that will launch at this...Jun 21, 2023
IBM Consulting has been selected to revolutionise Diageo’s IT environment by introducing intuitive processes, powered by market-leading technology, enabling the company to make better and...May 24, 2023
You may have seen recent media coverage relating to the Confederation of British Industry (CBI), the largest business association in the UK. IBM agrees with the decision by the CBI to suspend its...Apr 23, 2023
- New IBM Study Reveals Inadequate Data Hinders Progress Against Environmental, Social and Governance GoalsUK executives cite inadequate data (42%) as a top barrier holding back ESG progress
LONDON, UK, April 17, 2023 - A new global IBM (NYSE: IBM) Institute for Business Value (IBV) study, “The ESG ultimatum: Profit or perish,” of executives and consumers reveals that while...Apr 17, 2023
IBM is pleased to see the UK government making progress on its plans to develop a pro-innovation approach to AI regulation. Like similar approaches in Singapore and Japan, this new white paper...Apr 3, 2023
- IBM will support projects that can help improve access to safe drinking water for all, improve water quality by reducing pollution, increase water-use efficiency, protect and restore water-related ecosystems, increase sanitation management and reduce the number of people suffering from water scarcity
LONDON, UK, March 1, 2023 - IBM (NYSE: IBM) announced today that it is accepting proposals for the next cohort of the IBM Sustainability Accelerator, which will focus on water management...Mar 14, 2023
- Advancing women in leadership is not a formal business priority for the majority of organisations surveyed, but there is a roadmap for sustainable progress
LONDON, UK, March 1, 2023 - The leadership pipeline for women has hollowed out in the middle, according to a new global study “Women in leadership: Why perception outpaces the pipeline—and...Mar 1, 2023
- IBM Report: Vulnerable UK energy system among top targets for cybercriminals as businesses face growing extortion threatData shows the UK was the most attacked country in Europe, with the energy and finance sectors each receiving 16% of cyberattacks in 2022.
ARMONK, N.Y. and LONDON, UK, FEBRUARY 22, 2023 – IBM Security (NYSE: IBM) today released its 2023 X-Force Threat Intelligence Index, which revealed that the UK’s energy industry was among the...Feb 22, 2023
- New IBM survey reveals the greatest perceived barrier to professional or technical skill development is that programs are too expensiveAs global respondents look to change jobs in the next 12 months, awareness of career and training options is low
London, 14th February 2023 — Job seekers, students, and career changers around the world want to pursue roles related to science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) across different...Feb 14, 2023
London, 9th January 2023 – IBM today announced that Nicola Hodson has been named Chief Executive, IBM in the UK and Ireland. Dr Hodson succeeds Sreeram Visvanathan, who is leaving IBM following...Jan 9, 2023
- East and North Hertfordshire NHS Trust Launches New Virtual Assistant with IBM Watson to Support Human Resources and Bolster Employee ServicesCo-created by IBM Expert Labs and East and North Hertfordshire NHS Trust, the new intelligent virtual assistant, known as Enquire, will handle queries from over 6500 staff members
Stevenage, UK, November 28th 2022: East and North Hertfordshire NHS Trust is today launching Enquire, a new intelligent virtual assistant powered by IBM Watson Assistant on IBM Cloud, to support...Nov 28, 2022
- IBM Grants $500,000 in-kind to City of Dublin Education Training Board To Boost Cybersecurity PreparednessCity of Dublin ETB one of 10 recipients globally as part of the IBM Education Security Preparedness Grants program
October 25, 2022 - As schools become more dependent on technology, ransomware attacks against schools are increasing. To help schools worldwide proactively prepare for and respond to cyberattacks,...Oct 25, 2022
- UK Business Leaders Say Hybrid Cloud is Critical to Modernisation, Yet Security, Skills and Compliance Concerns Impede SuccessNew IBM Transformation Index: State of Cloud helps business leaders to assess gaps in their transformation journey.
ARMONK, N.Y., September 28, 2022 – New market research from IBM (NYSE: IBM) revealed that 71% of UK respondents have adopted a hybrid cloud approach which can help drive digital transformation,...Sep 28, 2022
- New collaboration at Hartree National Centre for Digital Innovation combines REPROCELL’s tests of drug efficacy in human living tissues with IBM expertise in artificial intelligence and machine learning
Glasgow, UK and Daresbury, UK: REPROCELL Europe Ltd, IBM Research and STFC today announced a new initiative using the latest in artificial intelligence to advance the discovery of new drug...Aug 31, 2022
- • 60% of breached businesses raised product prices post-breach; vast majority of critical infrastructure lagging in zero trust adoption; $550,000 in extra costs for insufficiently staffed businesses
CAMBRIDGE, Mass., July 27, 2022 – IBM Security today released the annual Cost of a Data Breach Report, revealing costlier and higher-impact data breaches than ever before, with the global...Jul 27, 2022
- As the Official Technology Partner of The Championships for the past 33-years, IBM continues to accelerate innovation at Wimbledon and improve the digital fan experience
London, 21st June, 2022 – IBM (NYSE: IBM) and the All England Lawn Tennis Club today unveil new ways for Wimbledon fans around the world to experience The Championships digitally, powered by...Jun 21, 2022
• 33% of UK companies surveyed have accelerated their use of AI in the past two years compared with the European average of 49%, citing a skills shortage as the top barrier
London, 18th May 2022 – A global study from IBM (NYSE: IBM) has revealed UK businesses are not progressing their use of artificial intelligence (AI) at the same pace as other major European...May 18, 2022
IBM Study: Sustainability Ranks Among Highest Priorities on CEO Agendas, Yet Lack of Data Insights Hinders Progress• Over 80% of UK CEO respondents believe that their company’s sustainability investments will lead to improved business results
IBM Study: Sustainability Ranks Among Highest Priorities on CEO Agendas, Yet Lack of Data Insights Hinders Progress Over 80% of UK CEO respondents believe that their company’s sustainability...May 10, 2022
• Nearly 7 in 10 tech job seekers and tech employees believe that potential recruits lack the skills necessary for a career in AI
LONDON, 25th April, 2022 - A new IBM (NYSE: IBM) study has revealed the size of the AI skills gap across Europe. The comprehensive research, which surveyed employees, recruiters and applicants...Apr 25, 2022
LONDON, 15th March 2022 - The British Fashion Council is again looking to match the in-person catwalk creativity displayed at London Fashion Week (LFW) and tailor the supporting digital...Mar 15, 2022
IBM Security Report: Energy Sector Becomes UK’s Top Target for Cyberattacks as Adversaries Take Aim at Nation’s Critical Industries• Energy sector saw 24% of all UK cyberattacks in 2021, followed by manufacturing and financial services with 19% each, increasing pressure on supply chain challenges and energy costs
ARMONK, N.Y. and LONDON, UK, 23 February 2022 – IBM Security (NYSE: IBM) today released its 2022 X Force Threat Intelligence Index, which reveals the UK’s energy industry was the country’s...Feb 23, 2022
IBM is the first partner to offer cloud infrastructure and technical managed services as part of the RISE with SAP offering
ARMONK, N.Y. and Walldorf, Germany: February 10, 2022 – IBM (NYSE: IBM) today announced it is teaming with SAP (NYSE: SAP) to provide technology and consulting expertise to make it easier for clients to embrace a hybrid cloud approach and move mission-critical workloads from SAP® solutions to the cloud for regulated and non-regulated industries.Feb 10, 2022
IBM UK Survey: Security and Regulatory Compliance Are Top Drivers of Modernisation in Regulated Industries, But Also Top BarriersAs highly regulated industries strive to modernise, 87% of respondents have adopted or plan to adopt hybrid cloud IT architectures
LONDON, UNITED KINGDOM – 26 January 2022 – According to the results of a new IBM (NYSE: IBM) study, 45% of UK IT professionals and decision makers in highly regulated industries such as...Jan 26, 2022